The Lies We Tell Ourselves
In Star Wars the movie, Yoda gives some wise instruction to Luke Skywalker.
Luke has a belief, or a lie that he tells himself, just as we all do, that it is Impossible. At this point in the movie, Luke has already moved stones with his mind, but a spaceship? It is too big he says, I have already tried and it cannot be done.
Yoda patiently explains that it is only different in his mind. Luke reluctantly agrees to “Give it a Try.”
Yoda famously says, “No. Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.”
The point is that when we say we are Trying, we don’t really have to do anything. It also provides us with an excuse for why we didn’t accomplish the outcome we say we want. The difference is, you either do something or you don’t do it.
Trying is the same as not doing, it’s the lie we tell ourselves to make it easier for us to let ourselves off the hook when we fail.
Where are you Trying to Improve in your Business?
- Are you Trying to get in get more clients?
- Are you Trying to improve your business processes?
- Are you Trying to make more sales calls or are you making more sales calls.
- Are you Trying to have a better work, life balance?
This may sound like a small distinction, but it has huge significances.
Is it time to Quit Trying and Just Do It. Here are three suggestions:
- Remove the word “Try” from your vocabulary. It is a word we use to lie to ourselves that accomplishes nothing.
- Decide either To Do or Not To Do. It’s about completion, you either complete the project or you don’t. But don’t be fooled into thinking you are complete when you aren’t.
- Commit 100 Percent to the result you want. How you do anything is how you do everything. Be in integrity and follow through with what you said you would do. When you have challenges get help.
If you want to Change your Results and Go from Ordinary to Extraordinary, then I want to offer you a Free Coaching Session to breakthrough what’s been stopping you and help you Get a Clear Path to Success.