50 Business Blogging Ideas For 2010
Are you looking to up your involvement in social activities this year? If you are asking yourself “what should I blog about today?” then here are some of my top tips to help you get going in 2010. This will give you a head start on potential blog topics for your small business blog.
Focus on your Business/Industry
- Create a list of the best industry resources
- Attend industry events and blog about them
- Your best marketing tips
- How your industry is like Your Favorite TV Show [I like competitive shows like Top Chef.]
- People in your industry you want to meet
- Comment on an industry-related conversation going on in Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google Groups
- Give a solution to a industry issue or problem
- Interview someone well-known that your readers would care about and profile them
- Publish a presentation, article, seminar, meetup, etc. that you gave
- Have a chat with a competitor and blog about it (make sure to get permission)
- Create a list of the 10 books you recommend reading.
Start Talking With & Building Relationships Online
- How you’re using Facebook, Twitter & other social media to increase earnings
- Post a video or picture that you think people would enjoy.
- Share the who’s HOT in social media and the tools they are using
- Hold a contest and have people compete against each other
- Create a poll. (Use SurveyMonkey) Blog the result.
- Invite a guest blogger to post on your blog
- Search Delicious for popular posts on your topics and switch it around to mean something new.
- Post photos from your company party, event, seminars, workshops
- Create a list of the Must Follow Twitter people in your industry
About You & Your Business
- What is your niche is.
- A video tutorial showing your product or service in action
- The problems you or your team hears about most
- The answer to the most common questions you get
- Look at your site blog posts and answer customer questions
- Give 10 reasons to sign up to your email newsletter/free report
- What you’re doing to adapt to the new economy
- Share a case study or testimonial
- Share something that was not working in your business and how you changed it
- 25 reasons why someone should hire you
Talk About Your Raving Fans
- Talk about those who comment most on your blog
- Give praise your best customers
- Post a question and let the community to answer it
- How customers can get secret giveaways you offer
- Feature a video detailing a customer’s success with your product or service
- Publish a customer testimonial
- Hold an event for Twitter followers to meet and blog it
- Explain the benefits of being a customer
- Share local organizations you support and ask customers to share their favorites
- How customers can connect with you on social media
Open Up & Let People Get To Know You
- Tell what you have read lately that inspired you or that you did not agree with
- Introduce yourself or your team
- Share your greatest successes in your business
- Your biggest challenges as a business owner
- What you love and are passionate about in business
- The perils of doing everything by yourself
- Who has helped and mentored you in business
- How to remain effective working at home
- Describe your company culture, what is it like working with or around you
- Share your or your company’s story
These are just a few things to talk about. Have fun, be passionate, be yourself!
What Are Your Favorite Blogging Ideas?
For more ideas to Grow Your Business Using Uncommon Strategies go to www.intellimodus.com